Where “Collaborative Informed Consent” builds bridges to prevent crisis and conflict
L. Darryl Armstrong PhD has more than 45-years of government and corporate experience having served as a senior executive with the Tennessee Valley Authority and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and as Director of Public Affairs for Oak Ridge National Laboratory. His firm L. Darryl ARMSTRONG and Associates Behavioral Public Relations LLC celebrated 25-years of service to clients nationwide June 1, 2019. Contact us at www.ldarrylarmstrong.com or email at firstname.lastname@example.org Call 270.619.380 available 24/7/365.
We help you develop an agreed-upon mutual outcome with your stakeholders through the process of Collaborative Informed Consent (CIC).
CIC is a communication and engagement model of public involvement that defines informed consent as a situation where project management recognizes that informing and educating interested stakeholders about a project or problem, and managing stakeholder expectations while informing stakeholders of the benefit of doing the work, accrues to everyone’s advantage.
- We help you discover simmering, latent and emerging issues using our Issues Management Forecasting Matrix ® and, if the issues are thoughtfully and properly managed, they can be effectively handled with the mass and social media, your employees, management and shareholders, your neighbors and the public and media.
- We assist you in developing a crisis and emergency operations management plan that will ensure the continued viability and operation of your organization even in times of extreme crises.
- We provide expedient yet thoughtful and focused assistance during those times when you need it most.
- We conduct vulnerability, risk and threat assessments, which include the assessment and development of resolution strategies for key stakeholder concerns whether real or perceived prior to any project implementation.
- We conduct informal fact-finding interviews with key community leaders to identify issues and community values that are important to your project’s success.
- We facilitate communication, dialogue, and interaction among your team and various business units and among diverse community stakeholders always with the aim of discovering what must be done to move you forward and to prevent and or even resolve issues and problems before they develop.
- We help you enhance your organization’s credibility by using focus groups and advisory groups to provide decision makers a way to interact with their constituents and to promote mutual education and communication. We develop and coordinate conflict prevention and resolution strategies and tactics between our clients and the public or private sector representatives in situations where opposing viewpoints are addressed — including political forums, school board meetings, union meetings, and special interest group interactions.
- And, yes we can be available to you 24 hours a day, seven days a week, if you wish. View all posts by ldarrylarmstrong